Vegan Mulled Berry Cheesecake – Vegan Christmas Dinner: Part Three:
Vegan Mulled Berry Christmas Cheesecake
This is Part three of AdventureYogi’s ultimate Vegan Christmas Dinner, click here, for part one: The Best Gravy You’ve Ever Had and part two:Mushroom and Chesnut Wellington !
Christmas dinner is the best time to get together with family and friends and share something delicious. However, when you are plant-based this can be a challenge and no one should miss out on a delicious meal at Christmas! Especially pudding. Especially, a pudding as delicious as this Vegan Mulled Berry Cheesecake!
In this household, Christmas pudding has never been a winner. So, this is something different for all those non-fans of the traditional pud. Furthermore, Vegan Mulled Berry Cheesecake is a lighter finish to a heavy meal.
Vegan Mulled Berry Cheesecake
Vegan Mulled Berry Cheesecake Ingredients:
- 200g/7oz vegan biscuits, such as plain Hobnobs/supermarket Oatie biscuits or McVitie’s LIGHT Digestives
- 75g/3oz vegan margarine, eg Pure OR mild coconut oil
- 50ml/2fl oz soya milk
- 350g/12oz packet silken tofu, firm or soft – eg Blue Dragon, Morinu, Morinaga or other brands
- 200g/7oz vegan cream cheese – eg Violife original (Tesco etc) or Tofutti original, available from health food shops
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1-2 tbsp golden or agave syrup syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp lemon or orange essence (optional)
- 2 tsp arrowroot
- 3 cups frozen fruit of choice. Obviously, we love mixed berry.
- 2tsp arrowroot
- Mulled spices
- Maple/agave syrup (to taste)
Vegan Mulled Berry Cheesecake Method:
Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- To start your Vegan Mulled Berry Cheesecake, grind the biscuits in a food processor or similar until there are no large lumps left.
- Then, melt the margarine or coconut oil and mix in the biscuit crumbs.
- Next, spread in a greased flat tin – about 18cm/7inches diameter if round – or a 20cm/8 inch square will do also. A loose-bottomed springform is the easiest to use! Bake the base in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend all the other ingredients thoroughly until smooth (except the fruit).
- After, remove the crumb mixture from the oven and pour the filling over the base.
- Bake in the oven at the same temperature for 20-30minutes. To test, shake the tin and it shouldn’t wobble in the middle. Remove and leave to cool.
- Add your fruit to a saucepan and turn onto low heat.
- When the berries have started to reduce and resemble a sauce, add your mulled spices and arrowroot.
- Next, stir often and add more arrowroot if needed.
- Once desired consistency has been achieved, take off the heat and add maple/agave syrup to taste. I like my fruit topping to be quite tart to contrast the cheesecake so add approx 2 tablespoons.
- Finally, put fruit mix and cheesecake in the fridge until ready to serve. Slice the Vegan Mulled Berry Cheesecake then dribble the fruit mix all over it and enjoy!