Sage and Lemon Tea Recipe
Sage and Lemon Tea – The Perfect Flu-Fighting Concoction
Sometimes, in the colder months when cold and flu season is at its peak, we can be in need of a little extra immunity boost. The following sage and lemon tea recipe contains perfect flu-fighting ingredients, as well as possessing many other health benefits. We only used fresh ingredients when making this tea so as to obtain optimum nutritional benefits, however if no fresh ingredients are available, dried or preserved ingredients will suffice and still make a tasty and refreshing tea.
Sage, also known as Common Sage or Garden Sage, is a woody perennial herb native to the Mediterranean region. It has been grown for centuries for its food and healing properties and possesses a wonderful array of health benefits we should all be aware of. These benefits include:
– Aiding in the management of diabetes
– Keeping skin healthy
– Improving digestion
– Being rich in antioxidants
– Helping in growth and development of bones
– Boosting cognitive development and immune system
– Helping to reduce inflammation and improving overall health
We’ve paired these amazing benefits with immune-boosting lemon, and so it makes an excellent tea to drink throughout the Autumn and Winter flu seasons. Below is a recipe we put together that creates a light, refreshing drink.
– 3 fresh sage leaves. (Or 1 tsp dried sage leaves.)
– 1 lemon slice.
– ½-1 tsp fresh lemon juice.
– 250ml cold water.
– Sweetener, such as honey. (Optional.)
– In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
– Once boiled, remove from the heat. Add the sage leaves.
– Let the tea steep for 3-5 minutes.
– Strain into a cup, then squeeze in a little lemon juice. (Roughly ½ tsp per cup.)
– Add in a fresh lemon slice and your optional sweetener. (I used agave nectar, honey also works well.)
If you enjoyed the health benefits of this tea, you may enjoy our apple and cinnamon tea recipe, another delicious drink made from fresh ingredients. Both are perfect for making in Autumn and Winter whilst providing different benefits.